Watch with one eye openÂ as Ford crash tests the Focus RS
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company
Ford definitely knows how to build excitement about a vehicle, especially one thatâ€™s as eagerlyÂ anticipated as the 2016 Focus RS. To keep that anticipation revved up, the company is releasing a series of documentary videos, which started last week. Offering a behind-the-scenes look at the carâ€™s development, Rebirth of an Icon continues this week with its second installment.
In part two, we get some insight into the process of designing the Focus RS and then lets us see the car undergo crash testing. As we with any vehicle we love, it can be tough to watch them destroyed, so you might want to avert your eyes during certain parts of Episode 3. If you are brave enough, you can watch it right hereâ€¦
The series will continue with an episode each week and they will play out as follows:
- Episode 3: Hitting the roadâ€”A 1,600-kilometre (1,000-mile) drive through epic terrain takes prototypes from high in the Rocky Mountains to the Arizona desert
- Episode 4: Test-track trialsâ€”Ken Block heads for Fordâ€™s top-secret test facility, and indulges in some â€œhooningâ€
- Episode 5: Arctic extremesâ€”Winter testing in Sweden, and the team is under pressure to improve performance
- Episode 6: Power struggleâ€”Itâ€™s all about performance, as the Ford manufacturing plant in Saarlouis, Germany, gears up for production
- Episode 7: Close scrutinyâ€”The day of the critical sign-off drive follows Blockâ€™s headline appearance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Episode 8: Final chapterâ€”Itâ€™s time for the nail-biting management review
And, donâ€™t worry. As each episode is released weâ€™ll share them with you here so you donâ€™t miss out.
1 thought on “Video: 2016 Focus RS Documentary, Part 2”